hartlepool history logo

Swimming baths Seaton Carew

What we know about this image :

The baths were donated by William Gray and opened in 1914. During the war they were requisitioned by the military and re-opened to the public in 1951. They closed for the last time in 1976 and were demolished in 1978. The tram line to the front of the image was constructed in 1900 in a similar manner to a light railway for part of its length.

hht&n 997

Donor : Douglas Ferriday

Part of the "Hartlepool Library Service" collection


Related items :