hartlepool history logo

Throston Street

What we know about this image :

Taken in March 1974 just before demolition, these houses were built around 1860 from magnesium limestone. The site of Throston Street was behind what was originally Hart Road and then changed to Raby Road in 1967. it was close to the area behind Hartlepool United's Victoria Park known as 'the tips'. Today, the Mill House car park is on the site.

Date (of image) : 17/3/1974

Donor : Russell McAndrew

Creator : Russell McAndrew


Related items :