hartlepool history logo

Stockton Street,Stranton

What we know about this image :

Taken in 1966 when this was still the main Stockton Road and prior to the building of the dual carriageway into central Hartlepool. The photo is taken from around the Blacksmith's Arms. Foster and Armstrong Anchor Mills on the right was demolished in 1980. The  Gaumont cinema, opened in 1919 as The Picture House, is on the left of the picture. The frontage was altered in 1970 when the cinema became Stranton Bingo Club which closed in 1997. To  the right of the Gaumont is the Seven Stars public house, again long since demolished. 

HHT&N 117

Date (of image) : 0/11/1966

Part of the "Library collection" collection


Related items :