hartlepool history logo

Electra House

What we know about this image :

In the 1920s,1930s and 1940s, electricity was provided by West Hartlepool Country Borough Council and in 1946, there were 18,600 consumers.In 1929, there was a West Hartlepool Electricity Showroom in lower Church Street but the building, Electra House on the photo still exists and is next door to Quattro Mori Italian restaurant. Before moving to Middleton Grange Shopping Centre, Electra House had for some years been The North Eastern Electricity Board as electricity was nationalised in 1947.

HHT&N 875

Donor : Douglas Ferriday

Part of the "Library collection" collection


Related items :