hartlepool history logo

Belle Vue Mission Church - 1888

What we know about this image :

The small church was originated by the Free Methodists in September 1871.

The foundation stone for a school and new vestry was laid on 21st May, 1878. Isaac James Robinson, Abraham Northrop and Edward Withy were a few of those who witnessed the event.

Although Pattison's title for this phota was 'Belle Vue Mission Church' it was actually known as the United Methodist Free Church. Located on the corner of South Parade and Oxford Street the church was converted into a private dwelling in the 20th century.

Date (of image) : 1888

Donor : Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, County Durham

Creator : James Whitehead Pattison

Part of the "Pattison's Photographs" collection


Related items :