hartlepool history logo

First camp

What we know about this image :

Before a building was there in 1935, children from West Hartlepool slept under canvas at Carlton and this is why most people still refer to the Outdoor Centre as Carlton Camp. The site was opened in 1932 and the first boys to visit were from Oxford St, Church Square and Ward Jackson Schools.

Donor : Carlton Outdoor Centre


Related items :