hartlepool history logo

Easington Road/Powlett Road roundabout 1949

What we know about this image :

Looking northwest from the south side of Powlett Road looking at the roundabout which opened in October 1948. Easington Road is on the left and the BISF (steel or 'tin' houses as they were known when they were quickly constructed after World War 2) can be seen.

Winterbottom Avenue is the road off to the right on the roundabout and at the time was still called Raby Road until 1967. The former line  of Howbeck Lane is a path in the centre.

Date (of image) : 1949

Donor : Robert Wood Collection

Part of the "Hartlepool Museum Service" collection


Related items :