hartlepool history logo

Dixon of the Green

What we know about this image :

A youthful Phil Dixon on the north-west corner of The Green. On the left (West Row), is Seaton Hall which was built as the King’s Head Inn in 1803. The building became a private house in 1886 and was eventually converted to become a nursing home. The house just visible over Phil's left shoulder was built in 1834 in the 'Swiss style' for a local solicitor, Robert Dixon. The larger building on the right once housed a school.

Donor : Phil and Penny Dixon

Creator : unknown


Related items :