hartlepool history logo

Cliff Terrace and Lighthouse

What we know about this image :

This picture shows houses in Cliff Terrace and the original lighthouse, which was removed by 1915. The house on the right was the home of the Misses Kay, who were killed and the house demolished during the Bombardment of the town on 16th December 1914. 

One of the houses on the left was once owned by Thomas Richardson, who built the first Hartlepool ship "Castle Eden". The playground in foreground is now the Memorial Gardens. 

Donor : Hartlepool Museum Service


Related items :