hartlepool history logo

Regal Cinema

Details about Regal Cinema

Opened on December 15th, 1936 with seating for 1688. Renamed the Essoldo Theatre in 1955, but ceased showing films in the mid 1960s, when it became a Bingo Hall.

The building inside remains largely unspoilt and still has many beautiful art deco features although bingo tables have replaced the stalls.


Related items :