hartlepool history logo

St John's School, Middleton

Details about St John's School, Middleton

In 1906, average attendance was 125 boys and girls and 70 infants. The school closed in 1954 when only 9 children remained.

This school was probably opened in 1841 eventually affiliated to Christ Church West Hartlepool and was rebuilt in 1898 when it doubled as a mission church. The log book which begins in 1863 appears to be a continuation of an older one.It closed in 1954. It was part of Durham Education Authority.


Related items :