hartlepool history logo

St John's Presbyterian Church of England Brougham St

Details about St John's Presbyterian Church Of England Brougham St

The original church was in Darlington St and was built in 1840. A new church was built and opened in 1882 on the corner of  Durham St and Union St. The Darlington St church became the first St Bega's School.

In 1944, a fire at the Tipperary Club in Union St destroyed the nearby church which was demolished in 1947.


Related items :