hartlepool history logo

1905 - Henry Smith School v Technical

What we know about this image :

An image for the poster for the 2nd Round tie between Rovers and North Durham and a warm up by the boys from Henry Smith’s School and Technical. This is the earliest Rugby reference known to the Technical School founded in Lauder Street that became Secondary School, West Hartlepool Grammar etc. It led to the formation of the successful School Old Boys XVs that eventually become Seaton Carew RFC in 1974.

The Seniors Cup tie that following the date did not prove successful for either Rovers of the North Durham side, West 2nds won the Cup that season!

Date (of image) : 18/2/1905

Donor : Hartlepool Museums Service

Creator : F W Mason

Part of the "Robert Wood" collection

Location


Related items :