hartlepool history logo

Southend Houses

What we know about this image :


Probably taken in the 1980s the house to the left of the image was built in 1809. It was known as the Lifeboat House probably because equipment for the boat would have been stored there prior to a custom made boathouse being built. The two cottages were built about 1770 with one used as a blacksmiths in the 1880s run by Christopher Bell.

hht&n 2026

Donor : Hartlepool Library Services

Part of the "Hartlepool Library " collection


Related items :