hartlepool history logo

Gainford Street

What we know about this image :

Gainford Street, Hartlepool. It is believed this corner shop was once owned by Tom Caldon and his wife. Tom (born in 1907), had been a Joiner at Irvine's shipyard, but left to work in a Whitby shipyard. He married in 1937 and returned to hartlepool with his wife and took the corner shop in Gainford Street.

Donor : Hartlepool Library Service

Location


Related items :