hartlepool history logo

Timber Quay collapse (2)

What we know about this image :

Close-up of damage to the timber quay, with the offices of R.Wade & Sons, Timber Importers, in the background. This might be the 'Pyman Quay, in the Swainson/Hart Dock.
Wade and Sons first appear in the Kelly's Trade Directory of 1885, with premises at Commercial Terrace. In the 1938 Directory they are listed at Central Buildings, Church Street.
In 1906 they are listed as timber and telegraph pole merchants.

Donor : Les Hawksfield

Creator : L. Brittain


Related items :