hartlepool history logo

Kirklea, Church Street (1)

What we know about this image :

This image of about 1900 of 'Kirklea' number 7 Church Street is of one of the attendant lodging houses to the Seaton Hotel built in 1792. In the cellar there is the imprint of where a large wood burning range once stood. The small building adjoining the house was once a blacksmith shop. In 1843 the title deeds were in the names of The Honourable Augusta Powlett, George Hutton Wilkinson, Octavius Hutton Wilkinson and Reverend John Lawson. In 1949 the owners were Mr and Mrs F.C. Fudge.

Donor : Maureen Anderson


Related items :