The first building on the present site was the 'Tin Chapel' built in 1885. The current building was dedicated in 1906, although around 2000 the church part was demolished and services are now held in part of the large church hall area adjacent to it.
This view shows the church and church hall in the late 1960s. Around 2000, the church itself was demolished leaving the still quite extensive church hall premises (the building on the far left) as Westbourne Church and hall. Presumably it cost a considerable amount in upkeep for such large buildings. The land where the church had been is still wasteland.More detail »
The image is taken from Westmoreland Street looking across to the now demolished Westbourne Methodist Church. To the left of the large church is the church hall which was built alongside and is now used as both Westbourne Church and hall.
HHT&N 235More detail »