Opened in 1880, the church was demolished in 1985 some time after closing and the site is the lower Park Road entrance to the Middleton Grange Shopping Centre. The congregation became part of St George's United Reform Church.
Taken in 1963, looking down Ouston Street from Park Road. On the left is St John's Presbyterian Church and Yuill's Offices in Villiers Street. Note the coalman's lorry parked in the street. The first shop on the parade of shops on the right was a coal office (Ben Cox?)
The Grand Hotel can be seen in the background. This street became one entrance to Middleton Grange Shopping Centre before the church was demolished in 1985 and it is interrsting to compare it with Ouston Street Then (2)More detail »
Ouston Street, Hartlepool which is now the entrance to Middleton Grange Shopping Centre. St Johns United Reformed Church on the left. Church is now demolished. The building that faces you looking down the street, was the Tin Box factory which was bombed in 1940.
This pictures shows the school as well as the old Education Offices situated next door. The school was built in 1884 as Upper Grade school. It closed in 1964 and was demolished in 1986. St John's Presbyterian Church in picture as well.More detail »
Prior to demolition to make way for the Middleton Grange Shopping Centre and car park, the image shows Park Road School and Park Road Presbyterian Church which on closure amalgamated with St George's in Park Road as a United Reform Church.More detail »
Taken around 1983 before the church was demolished to make way for an extension to the shopping centre. The multistorey carpark is unchanged today, but the Fine Fare logo can be seen on it. Behind the car park was the large supermarket which later became Asda, the Coop, Uptons and is currently TJ Hughes.More detail »