House in The Parade Grange Road
Park Hill was built in The Parade,Grange Road about 1890 for solicitor Matthew Harrison who was from Grosmont near Whitby. The house was demolished around 1950 after his son William died. Until the late 1990s, the site was vacant and is now used as the entrance road to the Woodlands estate.
To the left on the photo is Normanhurst which, after it was a private home, first became part of St Francis' School and is now The White House public house.More detail »