Opened in 1916, the church is on the corner of Hart Lane and Tunstall Avenue.
This image is from a painting circa 1907 executed by the sister of the then vicar Sidney Smith. It shows the 'tin church' which was erected while the current St Luke's church was being built. The permanent building opened in 1916.
It appears that this metal construction had also been the first St Aidan's Church and the first St Paul's Church. Apparently it was suggested that St Luke's keep it as a parish hall, but instead a brick structure in Weldeck Rd/ Suggitt St was built instead in 1932.More detail »