Original street on the Victorian Belle Vue Estate
Built by the Methodists in 1874.
This church is in Oxford Street and is where St Aidans Church Hall was later built. The Church re-located over the road (to right in photo) in South Parade on the corner of Westmoreland Street and Oxford Street.More detail »
These chapel buildings are on the corner of South Parade and Oxford Street and were part of the Belle Vue estate most of which was built in the 1870s. South Parade is the only street with the original houses. The chapel on the right is currently derelict but the building on the left, which at the time of the photo was an old people's club, has been converted into a house. The photo was probably taken in the 1970s.
HHT&N 138More detail »