The home of Colonel J.W. Cameron who had come to the town in 1865 aged 24 to run the Lion Brewery for William Waldon. He eventually bought the brewery outright in 1893. Apparently at the bottom of the drive, two sweepers would wait by the gates of the drive and would sweep it in front of the Colonel as he came down it to be rewarded with sixpence.
After it had been a private home for the Cameron family, it became brewery offices and later Housing Hartlepool offices.