A Grade 11 listed building situated in Elwick Road.
Greystones was built by Charles A. Forslind in about 1904, he had previously lived in 20 Archer Street and 71 Thornton Streert.
He was born in Sweden in 1849, came to England at 18 and was soon naturalised, taking his oath of allegiance before Sir William Gray. At 20 he joined the Royal Navy where he served six years before moving on to the Merchant Navy, in about 1875, for four years. He then started a career as a timber merchant. Charles married Harriet Humphries, a local girl, in 1872.
Greystones was then inhabited by George & Dorothy Horsley and then Fred and Mildred Peart of Peart & Co.
More detail »