Havelock Street, Hartlepool which was demolished 1958/9.
Taken in 1955, Nelson Street is on the left, then Outram Street, Alexandra Street and Havelock Street with the Lord Clyde on the corner of Havelock Street.
As can be seen, the railway is on the right and the mainenance depot.
The photo was from a photographic record of the Central Area of West Hartlepool prepared in 1955/6 at the request of the Town Planning and Redevelopment Committee 'in the hope that it will be of interest to future generations of West Hartlepool'
The record focuses on areas which were within the next ten years to be completely redeveloped following The Max Lock Plan. It was compiled by WL Taylor and photographs developed by Thomas Clarkson Chemist of Tower Street.
More detail »