hartlepool history logo

J.J. Hardy and Sons Brass Founders


Details about J.j. Hardy And Sons Brass Founders

The firm was founded by John James Hardy in 1856 at Bond St. Hartlepool. The company prospered and moved to Throston Bridge in the 1880s. W.H. Hardy (Billy) took over as M.D. on his fathers death and continued in that position until 1937 when he sold the company to T.H. Pailor.

Ald. T.H. Pailor bought the company, limited liability since 1929, and ran it until his death in 1963.

His widow, Marion Isobel Pailor, was M.D. until 1967 when his son, Tom Pailor, took over on her death.

Tom supervised the move to Brenda Road and the company’s transition from brassfounders and finishers to CNC machinists and railways parts suppliers. On his retirement in 2002, his son Andrew Pailor became M.D. – only the sixth person to hold this position in 150 years.

(courtesy of J.J. Hardy's website)


Location



Related items :