Exeter Street, Hartlepool which runs between Tower Street and Whitby Street. An older part is now car parks.
Taken looking north from Grace Street towards Exeter Street across the top of the image.
The photo was from a photographic record of the Central Area of West Hartlepool prepared in 1955/6 at the request of the Town Planning and Redevelopment Committee 'in the hope that it will be of interest to future generations of West Hartlepool'
The record focuses on areas which were within the next ten years to be completely redeveloped following The Max Lock Plan. It was compiled by WL Taylor and photographs developed by Thomas Clarkson Chemist of Tower Street.
More detail »
Exeter Street, Hartlepool taken from the junction with Scarborough Street. The Cosy Cafe is on the corner and in the distance you can see a shop called Thomas Clarkson Chemist which was in Tower Street and they developed this set of mid 1950s photographs for West Hartlepool County Borough.
From a collection of photos commissioned and gathered by West Hartlepool Council.More detail »