hartlepool history logo

The Park

Details about The Park

Opened in August 1959, having been finally built in 4 months, although a licence had been granted to Cameron's in 1940. Building work began but World War 2 prevented it from being completed. The cellar was used as an air raid shelter.

The licence was transferred from the recently closed George Hotel in Bruswick Street which was in a clearance area.


Related items :