Burbank Street Methodist Chapel was built in 1868. Alongside it a further large building was built in 1875 and the original became a Sunday School. It was badly damaged by zeppelin raids in WW1.
The church was demolished in 1959.
The original Burbank Street UM Chapel was to the right of this 1875 building and was used as a Sunday School. This large church seated 1,100 people and cost £10,000 to build. It was severely damaged by a Zeppelin raid in March 1918.More detail »
A different view along Burbank Street looking towards All Saints (Stranton) Church. On the right are the two huge Burbank Street Methodist Chapels built in 1868 and 1875.
From a collection of photos commissioned and gathered by West Hartlepool Council.More detail »