Powlett Road, Hartlepool
Looking northwest from the south side of Powlett Road looking at the roundabout which opened in October 1948. Easington Road is on the left and the BISF (steel or 'tin' houses as they were known when they were quickly constructed after World War 2) can be seen.
Winterbottom Avenue is the road off to the right on the roundabout and at the time was still called Raby Road until 1967. The former line of Howbeck Lane is a path in the centre.More detail »