hartlepool history logo

West Hartlepool High School for Girls


Details about West Hartlepool High School For Girls

West Hartlepool High School for Girls, Eldon Grove, Hartlepool, opened in 1912.

Prior to this, there was a grammar school department for boys and girls in the Technical School in Lauder Street. When Hartlepool schools adopted the comprehensive system in 1974, the High School buildings were used as part of Brinkburn Comprehensive School. In the late 1980s, the building was demolished and Eldon Grove Academy (a primary school) opened on the site in 1989.

 

For more detailed history and a growing archive about the school, please see the dedicated website  www.hhsfg.com  

Examples of the type of information available can be seen below.


Location



Related items () :