The Artillery Barracks were in Alliance Street on the Headland. They were built in 1859-1861 originally for the Durham Artillery Militia demolitoon began in 1961 and carried on until late 1963. The coat of arms survives and is incorporated into a wall of the Drill Hall in Easington Road.
Generations will remember the compound being used to assemble people and floats in the Carnival Parade.
The Artillery Barracks were in Alliance Stree and on the corner of Baltic Street on the Headland, were built in 1861 and demolished around 1963. They were very close to Sea View Terrace and these two children appear to have beach ballsMore detail »