Brougham Street Primitive Methodist Church (now Durham Street) opened around 1851 although the Primitive Methodists had worshipped in an old granary and in smaller premises on the Croft since 1822. Fundraising saw the large church in Brougham Street (now Durham Street) built. On September 21st 1959, it was announced that the church had closed at the end of August with most of the congregation going to Central Estate Methodist Church. It was demolished in 1964.
Fisher Row Cottages in Brougham Street (now Durham Street) Old Hartlepool.
The new Primitive Methodist Chapel is on the right. The foundation stone was laid for the chapel in spring 1851 on a plot of ground opposite to Roman Catholic St Mary's Church. Brougham Street changed to Durham Street in 1980s.
None of these buildings stand today.More detail »