Built for Hartlepool businessmen around 1876, it lasted 2 months for this purpose and later housed a bank and the GPO.
Taken from near Lynn Street, the image shows the original Yorkshire Bank which was badly damaged by a German bomb in August 1940.
The Exchange Building is on the right and next to it the Electric Showrooms.
The sign on the lamp post reads 'Next bus Rift House'
HHT&N 88More detail »