Blumers Bus Service, Sappers Corner, Hartlepool Started in 1920 by Tommy Blumer. Tommy was a Sapper during the first world war and named his company premises Sappers Corner in memory of the colleagues he had lost during the war. The name still sticks today.
A slightly damaged photograph of the the interior of Blumer's Bus Depot at Sapper's Corner - date unknown. In the background is one of the company's original Ford buses, kept long after it had been withdrawn from service, for sentimental reasons by Mr. Thomas Blumer.
HHT&N 634More detail »