Small village within the Borough of Hartlepool.
The image shows some boys studiously painting what look to be model ships. Notice the inkwells in the desk and the children were obviously doing a project about 'Houses' from the poster behind one of the seated boys. 'Projects' were popular in the 1960s and 1970s.More detail »
Members of the Independent Chapel, Durham Street (or possibly Brougham Street), at their Hart Camp in 1923. Albert Thompson (b.1893), is in the back row, third from the left, and Albert Dalkin Thompson (b.1915), is in the front row, far left.More detail »
Members of the Independent Chapel, Durham Street (or possibly Brougham Street), at their Hart Camp in 1923. Albert Thompson (b.1893), is in the back row, second in from the right, and his wife Lilian is in the middle row, second from the left with their son Robert (b.1920), on her knee. Albert Dalkin Thompson is in the front row, far right.More detail »
This aerial view shows the 1953 school and palyground. The present school is built to the right of it. The road running towards the bottom right towards the church is Magdalene Drive which is now is built up with homes. The bungalow to the left of the school is still there and Butts Lane.More detail »
This plaque is beside an old piece of wall between the existing school and the church car park. It says that a school room was built by the Duke of Cleveland in 1838. This stone was relocated from the site of the first school on Front Street.More detail »
St Mary Magdalene Church, Hart Village, Hartlepool.More detail »