Fishing and Farming in and around Seaton Carew.
Tom Blenkinsop with his deerstalker hat and his gun. Tom was born about 1861 & lived in Dixon Road, Seaton Carew.More detail »
Pattison's house on Lawson Road. Note the Staincliffe to the back of the image. Nothing for the cows to graze on now as the whole area is built up!More detail »
Harvesting the hay in Charlie Lamb's field in August 1890. Charlie, born c1858, lived on The Green and was a carting contractor. The houses to the rear of the image were on what is now Lawson Road. The field was probably rented from William Thomlinson, a landowner living at what was the Seaton Hall on the Green.More detail »
Harvesting hay in John Crosby's field in August 1890. John, born c1835, lived on the Cliff and had a butcher's shop in the village.More detail »
At Seaton Carew in 1890 Thomas Laing, farmer, John Judd and their sons are harvesting potatoes using a horse drawn plough.More detail »
Seaton Lane when it was still little more than a dirt road. Boddy's farmhouse on the end corner was demolished after World War 1 and the farm is now the site of the Seaton Carew Library and the Park.More detail »