Images of Seaton Green.
A youthful Phil Dixon on the north-west corner of The Green. On the left (West Row), is Seaton Hall which was built as the King’s Head Inn in 1803. The building became a private house in 1886 and was eventually converted to become a nursing home. The house just visible over Phil's left shoulder was built in 1834 in the 'Swiss style' for a local solicitor, Robert Dixon. The larger building on the right once housed a school.More detail »
North-west corner of the Green showing the large ivy covered Seaton Hall which started life in 1803 as The King's Head Inn. At this time the Hall belonged to Colonel Thomlinson.More detail »
Seaton Hall is now a nursing home. Built in 1803 as an inn it has been a private residence & a hotel over the years. The interior still boasts many original features such as fireplaces & wood-panelling.More detail »
A group on the Green at Seaton Carew celebrating the Silver Jubilee of King George V in 1935. The children are wearing the medals handed out for the occasion. All are dressed in their best. Note the gentleman's trousers and the women's furs.More detail »
The large house on the corner belonged to the Daniel's family. It was demolished sometime after 1900. The drinking fountain on the edge of the grass was donated by Charles Ward Jackson and replaced the stocks that once stood there. Wonder if they were used!!More detail »
The present house was built in 1834 by a magistrate, Robert William Dixon. The front was designed to replicate a Swiss chalet. Parts of the rear and sides of the building date back to 1792.More detail »
In November 2012 the Green has not changed a lot since the 19th century except that the brickwork of the buildings has been rendered and painted. The area is listed so there are strict guidelines on what changes can be made to the exteriors of the buildings.More detail »