Osborne Road, West Hartlepool runs from Clifton Ave, across Park Road to Elwick Road. The Clifton Avenue part was initially called Robert Street until the early 1890s.
This photograph was kindly donated by Mr. Alan Archbold, showing his Grandmother's shop. Standing outside (left to right), are Alan's Aunt Amy, Grandma Mary Francis Archbold (born in West Hartlepool in July, 1874), and Uncle Arnold Archbold. The shop was on the corner of Osbourne Road and Carlton Street.More detail »
Osborne Road, West Hartlepool, looking north towards Park Road. THe large building at the end of the street was at the time a large Coop store. It is still there today with shops at ground floor level and apartments above And looks pretty much as it did.
Apart from traffic and modernised windows, thus scene is much the same today.
This is one of a number of images believed to have been compiled by Hartlepool's Planning Department.More detail »