The Front, Seaton Carew
An aerial shot of Seaton Carew Front at the junction with Church Street. The Seaton Hotel is the white building in the picture. A busy day with lots of people about and shows on the beach. No bus station which was built in the 1930s.
HHT&N 570More detail »
By 1981 the Southolme had changed its name to the Arch Hotel. The Magic Shop next door was very popular selling all sorts of tricks, wigs, fancy dress costumes etc.More detail »
The Cafe Royal in 1962. At this time it would have been a very busy shop selling ice cream, drinks etc. Most of the advertisments are smoking related such as Olivier tipped cigarettes and Capstan Full Strength.More detail »
The junction of Station Lane and The Front at Seaton had for many years been a bottleneck. Finally in January 1955, the last resident on this block of houses moved out of 1 Station Lane prior to demolition and road widening.More detail »
Clear image of the Chapel used as Nichol's Bingo Hall taken in 1966. This building has now gone and a modern building is in its place and currently is still Nichol's Golden Sands Amusement Arcade. Nichol's Bingo on this photo is still Nichol's Bingo and further shops to the right are now part of this amusement complex.
HHT&N 206More detail »