Fawcett Street, Hartlepool. This street no longer exists, having been built-over by the Middleton Grange Shopping Centre.
Fawcett Street was the last street off Park Road parallel to Stockton Street. The picture has been taken from Park Road looking towards Bell Terrace and the large shadow is of the Central Stores.
The photo was from a photographic record of the Central Area of West Hartlepool prepared in 1955/6 at the request of the Town Planning and Redevelopment Committee 'in the hope that it will be of interest to future generations of West Hartlepool'
The record focuses on areas which were within the next ten years to be completely redeveloped following The Max Lock Plan. It was compiled by WL Taylor and photographs developed by Thomas Clarkson Chemist of Tower Street.More detail »