hartlepool history logo

Seaton Low Light (1)

What we know about this image :

The Lighthouse was built in 1838/39 on the Cliff above Longscar Rocks. Another lighthouse was erected at the same time at Longhill. Seaton light was known as the lowlight and the Longhill light was known as the highlight. From out at sea one light would shine above the other, warning the mariners of the dangers of the rocks.

Donor : Hartlepool Museum Service


Related items :