hartlepool history logo

Longhill 1959

What we know about this image :

Taken around 1959, the picture shows the playground of St Aidan's Infant School Longhill. On the right wearing glasses is the headmistress Miss Molly Pattison who later went on to Oxford Street School.The other two adults are Reta Campbell and Jean Bluckert. Behind the wall on the right was Windermere Road and behind the school were the Steelworks cooling towers. Just out of sight is Seaton High Light which has now been moved to the Marina.

The infants' school moved to St Aidan's Loyalty Road in 1960-1.

Date (of image) : 1959

Donor : Frances Wilson


Related items :