hartlepool history logo

Old view of Carr Houses

What we know about this image :

A wonderful old photo of Carr Houses and cottages and the steps to the beach in April 1866. This would have given a good vantage point for ships being wrecked or stranded on Longscar Rocks. The cottages were demolished in 1904 and Carr House in 1925. Eventually the cliff was levelled & improvements made between the Green and the beach.

Date (of image) : 0/4/1866

Donor : Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, County Durham

Part of the "Pattison's Photographs" collection


Related items :