Area of the town which was built around Foggy Furze Farm on the road to Stockton from West Hartlepool. Some smart homes were built there in early Victorian times and still exist today between St Cuthbert's Church and Greensides Hotel.
This is the house which became the first Greenside public house in 1967. Prior to this, it had been a probation home home for problem young boys from 1943 and before that had been a private house. There was a major fire in 1968 but Cameron's Brewery reopened it again three months later.More detail »
Power's was actually two shops on the corner of Spring Garden Road, Stratford Road and Stockton Road. Both are now converted to houses and this image was taken in 1963.
To the right is the Co-op and this is now Blue Cow butchers. The Co-op is now to the right of the old premises which was then Walter Willson's.More detail »