The 1930s Bus Station at Seaton Carew, taken in 1978.
Date (of image) : 1978
Donor : Hartlepool Library Service
Built by Thomas Mowbray Stonehouse in 1938 in the Art Deco style, the structure made architectural history with the first use of curved concrete. It was officially opened on 29th June 1938.
Trolleybus lines did not extend to the bus station and still stopped at the Seaton Hotel.More detail »