hartlepool history logo

St Joseph's Convent School FCJ


Details about St Joseph's Convent School Fcj

This school opened in 1885 in a house which had belonged to shipbuilder Edward Withy and served Hartlepool and South East Durham. The order of nuns were FCJ (Faithful Companions of Jesus) and the last headmistress was Sister Mary Agnes FCJ. In 1973 girls were transferred to English Martyrs and the Victoria Road school was demolished in 1978.


Location



Related items :