hartlepool history logo


What we know about this image :

The house was originally owned by the Brown family who were in the timber trade. In 1921, the family donated the clock in Ward Jackson Park. It stands on one side of the Wooler Road/Grange Road roundabout opposite The White House and the photo was taken around 1990.

In the 1950s, the house was a children's home and in the late 1970s and early 1980s was Hartlepool Teachers' Centre. It was converted into luxury flats around 2000.


HHT+N 79

Date (of image) : 1990

Part of the "Library collection" collection


Related items :